Kapuso Primetime King Dingdong Dantes was the very first in the list of cast revealed by GMA to be part of the highly anticipated Filipino remake of Descendants of the Sun. This announcement was made when Dantes renewed his contract with the network last April 22.
The main cast was revealed last May 1.
Yesterday, June 20, GMA Entertainment Group inked partnership with the Armed Forces of the Philippines to ensure viewers nothing short of the best execution for the upcoming series.
Dingdong Dantes, Jamine Curtis-Smith, and Rocco Nacino attended the contract signing yesterday.
Joining the main cast of Descendants of the Sun are Chariz Solomon, Renz Fernandez, Lucho Ayala, Paul Salas, Prince Clemente, Hailey Mendes, and Jon Lucas.
However, the leading lady of Dingdong, who will portray the role of Dr. Maxine Kang, was not formally announced yet. Hence, leaving more excitement for critics and fans.
Here is the official cast of Descendants of the Sun:
- Dingdong Dantes as Captain Lucas Manalo a.k.a. Big Boss
- Rocco Nacino as Sergeant Diego Ramos a.k.a. Wolf
- Jasmine Curtis-Smith as Lieutenant Moira Defensor
- Chariz Solomon as Nurse Emma Perez
- Renz Fernandez as Dr. Earl Jimeno
- Lucho Ayala as Sergeant Alen Eugenio a.k.a. Snoopy
- Paul Salas as Marty Talledo
- Prince Clemente as Sergeant First Class Randy Katipunan a.k.a. Picollo
- Jon Lucas as Sergeant Tamayo a.k.a. Harry Potter
- Hailey Mendes as Judith Manalo
The role of Maxine, played by Song Hye Kyo in the original Korean version will indeed leave a mark in someone’s career. Whoever it is, we can definitely expect only the best to think that the network is letting her join with a grand entrance. We will know soon!