GMA Network Statement on the DOLE Order

The Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) has slapped GMA Network Inc. and its contractors with a fine of almost P900,000, saying the public-listed firm violated Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) violations in the workplace, which killed veteran actor Eduardo “Eddie” Garcia earlier this year.

ALSO READ: GMA Network on Eddie Garcia’s fatal accident; to disclose results to the public soon

On December 2, DOLE-National Capital Region (DOLE-NCR) ordered the media firm to pay a total of P890,000.

Of the said amount, P810,000 will be for the supposed non-submission of GMA of the needed work accident/illness report (WAIR) to DOLE about the incident within the 24-hour period, DOLE-NCR Director Sarah S. Mirasol said.

The company was also ordered to pay an additional P40,000 since there was no safety officer present in the site where Garcia’s scene for the teleserye Rosang Agimat was shot. The other P40,000 was for the absence of a first-aid personnel in the same site.

GMA Network Official Statement

GMA Network has received the copy of the Order dated December 2, 2019 issued by the Regional Director of the Department of Labor and Employment (DOLE) National Capital Regional Office. In response, the Network submitted an Appeal with the Secretary of Labor within the allowed period seeking to annul and reverse the said Order.

GMA will proceed with the necessary steps as soon as the DOLE resolves its appeal.

Stay tuned Boredmates! Like our Facebook page to keep updated with the latest trends in the Entertainment Scene. You may also subscribe to our YouTube Channel to watch our future videos.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *